Call for applications Theme 2.0
We invite former Themes (that ended their work no later than spring 2019) to send us a letter of intent no later than the 10 March for renewd work with their Theme during the autumn term of 2021.
We know that many Themes progressed well, resulting in research projects and publications relating to the problem areas developed at the Institute. But there may be loose ends that never achieved the penetration they really deserved or associated new issues that should be given a chance to develop. We would therefore ask you to send a letter of intent if you have:
- new issues that are closely associated with the concept of the original Theme and that now need development work.
- good ideas that never achieved sufficient penetration in the old Theme, but that are worth a second chance.
The plan is quick and simple. First, send a brief letter of intent no later than 10 March. On 22 March, the Board will name those groups that will be asked to write a more detailed application. The applications, which must be received no later than 15 May, will be reviewed by the Board on 25 May. Approved Themes will start in September 2021, with work proceeding during the four months of the autumn semester. Unfortunately, the time period is not negotiable. As the group will be accepted on old merits, with no external scrutiny, the following conditions apply:
- The issues must have a distinct relationship to the original Theme
- The group does not need to reassemble all of the previous Theme, although it should consist primarily of former members
- The work can be carried out on 10-20% full-time basis
- A small number of new members may be included in the group and may also be from other higher education institutions.
Your letter of intent of no more than 2 pages must include:
- The previous name of the Theme
- A description of which issue(s) you intend to work witt
- The intellectual objective of the work (not only operational objectives such as writing an application)
- Name and department of members of the proposed group. Specify who is to be coordinator (does not need to be the same as before) and indicate who has confirmed that they wish to take part in the work during autumn 2021.
- Names of new members (if relevant)
Send your letter of intent to: ansokan [at] pi [dot] lu [dot] se
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Ann-Katrin Bäcklund, phone +46-46 222 71 04, ann-katrin [dot] backlund [at] pi [dot] lu [dot] se
Dates for the application process for Theme 2.0
10/3 Deadline for letter of intent for Theme 2.0
11/5 Deadline for full application for Theme 2.0 (NB. only open to groups with an approved letter of intent)