Interdisciplinary Approaches to Migration Research 2017/2018
During the initaitive a range of seminars and discussions initiated by the network took place in academia as well as in society and in the media.
Migration has become a prominent topic in the public sphere, dominating political campaigns and debates, and in the center of heated discussions about (im) migrants, border control, integration and refugee policy. While in science many different concepts and meanings of migration coexist, in everyday life and in the media, the concept of migration is mainly used to refer to the physical movement by humans from one area to another. Human mobility is seen as one of the immediate strategies for escaping conflict and poverty.
Seminars and events
- Postcoloniality in Migration Studies: Labor, Displacement and Art (30th January 2018)
- The Role of Genetic Geology and Archeology in Migration Research (19th February 2018)
- The Pufendorf IAS Symposium: Moving Ahead: Exploring Social Transformations in the Age of Migration (15th of November 2018)
- Ecologies of Migration - Interlinkages between Resources, Mobility and Environment (25th September 2017)
- Politics and Institutions of Migration (27th November 2017)
- Clandestine Migration and the Business of Bordering Europe (4th December 2017)