Our premises and booking a venue
All departments at Lund University may book our auditorium and other venues. Venues are available on weekdays between 8.00 and 18.00. Venues are not available for booking as office space, or for private parties, and access to the Sculpture hall in connection with booking a venue is restricted.
NB. Due to the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak of COVID19, for safety reasons, we can only admit roughly half our regular number in our premises. The number below applies under normal circumstances.
Booking a venue
Book a venue by sending a request to our email lokalbokning [at] pi [dot] lu [dot] se.
- the venue
- date and time
- number of participants
- the chosen catering supplier
- a contact for the booking that will be on site on the day of the event.
For invoicing purposes, we also ask for the name of a reference, the department and the cost centre.
The lecture hall / auditorium (room 104) is on the first floor. Classic theater seating allows for roughly 50 participants, half that in U-shaped seating. The hall has modern technical equipment, which includes high-resolution projectors, a sound system with hearing loop, and video conferencing capabilities. Renting the auditorium is 3 500 SEK per day, or 1 700 SEK for half a day.
The seminar room (room 107) is on the first floor. The room is ideal for meetings and smaller seminars for up to twelve participants. The room has video conferencing equipment and a whiteboard. Renting the seminar room is 200 SEK/hour and the room must be booked for periods of at least two hours.
Lydia Rydberg room (room 207E) is on the second floor. The room is ideal for meetings and smaller seminars for up to twelve participants. The room has video conferencing equipment and a whiteboard. Renting the seminar room is 200 SEK/hour and the room must be booked for periods of at least two hours.
Group rooms are available upon request, in connection with booking a larger venue.
Cancellations more than 14 days in advance are not debited, within the 14 days 50 % of the price is debited. If no cancellation has been made the full amount is due. Cancel your booking by email to lokalbokning [at] pi [dot] lu [dot] se ().
Catering is booked by the organizer, and is not administered by the Pufendorf IAS. The organizer is responsible for the collection of, and seeing to the return of, catering supplies, as well as leaving the venue in original condition. Lunch breaks may be held in the foyer, outside the auditorium, where there is also space to serve food and drink. When the weather permits, there are three large round tables in the garden that may be used, the Institute is happy to lend blankets.
Please send requests to lokalbokning [at] pi [dot] lu [dot] se and await confirmation. For other queries, please contact our house manager:
dardan [dot] mustafa [at] service [dot] lu [dot] se
046 222 62 02
Due to public outbreak of coronavirus, COVID-19
Due to the current situation in regards to the spread of the Corona-virus, COVID-19, additional rules of conduct apply when renting a venue at the Pufendorf IAS:
- There can be no more than 25 people in the auditorium and 8 people in the seminar room.
- Arrange seating so that there is at least 1,5 m between each participant.
- When booking the auditorium, or the seminar room, access is restricted to the first floor.
- Attendees may not access restrooms, kitchen, or other facilities on the second and third floors. Questions on-site, regarding the booking and other queries, may be directed to the house caretaker, Dardan Mustafa. We are happy to help with practical issues such as carafes or print-outs.
- General safety regulations and recommendations from LU as well as the Public Health Agency of Sweden (Folkhälsomyndigheten) apply.